The Festival of School and College Arts is a joint initiative between ASCL and the Association of Colleges (AoC), Confederation of School Trusts (CST), the Independent Schools Council (ISC), National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT), the NASUWT teachers’ union, National Education Union (NEU), the National Governance Association (NGA), and the Sixth Form Colleges Association (SFCA). The Festival is being supported by the Cultural Learning Alliance.
Using the hashtag #EduArtsFest – we want to fill Twitter with the voices of children and young people playing music, performing drama, sharing artwork, poetry, singing, or dancing.
How to take part
Before 28 May
- Gather media (images, videos or audio) of students’ achievements in performance, art, music, dance, writing – any work which reflects their work in the arts*
- Advise your networks and school/college communities that you will be taking part in this event. Encourage schools, staff, parents and your whole community to share and retweet your posts using the hashtag #EduArtsFest
- Download the ASCL event pack which provides full details and promotional imagery to use on social media
- Keep checking Twitter via @ASCL_UK and the event hashtag #EduArtsFest – ASCL will be posting regularly about this event, with promotional material. The more people who join in, the more we can celebrate the work of children and young people.
*Please ensure you have the necessary permissions to share students’ work and images before sharing online.
On 28 May
- Post your images, videos and audio of students’ achievements on Twitter using the hashtag #EduArtsFest
- Cultural organisations: check the Twitter feeds of your local schools, comment on and retweet their tweets
- Encourage staff, parents and your whole school/college community to share and retweet your posts using the hashtag #EduArtsFest
- Download our event pack which provides full details and promotional imagery to use on social media
Read more on the ASCL Festival of School and College Arts website.