ABOUT GET CREATIVE
What is Get Creative?
Get Creative is a major celebration of the nation's arts, culture and creativity, led by the BBC and What Next? in collaboration with a huge range of arts, cultural and voluntary organisations, including the Cultural Learning Alliance. Everyone is invited to get involved and share their creative talents.
We are excited that a number of school members of the Alliance have already been hosting debates discussing 'Why creativity matters?' and 'What is the future of education'. Read about the event at Heston Community School here. We'll be posting more about this and other events soon.
How long is Get Creative?
Get Creative launched on 19 February 2015 with a week of debates and activity across the BBC and around the UK and will last for 12 months. The campaign will culminate in a national celebratory weekend over 20 & 21 February 2016.
Our collective goal is to get #bbcgetcreative trending. Use the hashtag #bbcgetcreative. Upload relevant content about how you and your organisation get creative across all social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Encourage your audiences and participants to talk about the campaign using #bbcgetcreative too – let’s make this a truly national conversation.
1) Go to www.bbc.co.uk/getcreative
2) Register your organisation as a Get Creative Champion and get listed on the Champions page of the campaign website featuring a link to your own website. The Champions page will be listed by geographical region so that the public can find out what’s happening near them as part of Get Creative.
3) You will be sent the Get Creative branding pack so that you can add the logo to your marketing materials, key events, web etc. You may wish to add the logo to your print throughout the year or choose key events/moments to attach it to. Remember, this is an advocacy campaign and by using the branding to badge your organisation and events, we will unite everyone together, strengthening our message and the campaign’s success.
4) The Get Creative campaign pages on the BBC’s site will feature special stories, highlighted events and editorially relevant activities from Champions across the country, throughout the year. They want to hear about what you are doing as part of Get Creative, your best and most interesting participatory moments and initiatives.
Once you’ve registered as a Champion, request the Get Creative Communication Handbook for guidance about what and how to send material to the BBC.
5) Forward this Call to Action onwards: spread the word through your networks and mailing lists. Here are some suggested summaries for newsletters:
Get Creative is a major celebration of the nation's arts culture and creativity. Led by the BBC and What Next? in collaboration with a huge range of arts organisations, it invites everyone to have a go and share their creative talents.
Get Creative aims to boost creativity in the UK, as well as celebrating the millions of people already doing something artistic and creative every day.
Get Creative’s aim is to encourage as many people as possible to engage even more deeply and widely with the arts. And for those who don’t yet see the arts as part of their lives, it will offer an irresistible invitation to get involved. Want to find out more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org